2017 McMillan Lequieu, Amanda. ““We made the choice to stick it out”: Negotiating a stable home in the rural, American Rust Belt.” Journal of Rural Studies, 53.
- 2017-2018 Genevieve Gorst Herfurth Award, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- 2017 Peter K. New Award Winner, Society for Applied Anthropology.
- 2017 Olsen Student Paper Award, Environmental Sociology Section, American Sociological Association.
- 2017 Best Graduate Student Paper Award, Rural Sociological Society.
- 2017 Wimberly Paper Award, Community, Health, and Family Research Interest Group, Rural Sociological Society.
- 2017 Student Paper Award, Natural Resources Research Interest Group, Rural Sociological Society.
2015 McMillan Lequieu, Amanda. “Keeping the farm in the family name: Patrimonial narratives and negotiations among German-heritage farmers,” March 2015, Rural Sociology 80(1).
2018 McMillan Lequieu, Amanda. and Michael M. Bell. “Power, politics and rurality.” In Routledge Companion to Rural Planning. Eds. Mark Scott, Nick Gallent and Menelaos Gkartzios (Editors). Routledge: NY.
2017 McMillan Lequieu, Amanda. Review of In the Blood: Understanding America’s Farm Families, by Robert Wuthnow, (Princeton University Press: Princeton, NJ), Journal of American Studies 51(2).
Manuscripts under Review
2018 McMillan Lequieu, Amanda. “Welfare Capitalism and the Corporate Construction of the Precarious Worker.” (Braverman Paper Award Winner, Labor Section, Society for the Study of Social Problems.)
Non-peer reviewed essays
2018 McMillan Lequieu, Amanda., Josh Pacewicz,Shannon Elizabeth Bell, Colin Jerolmack. “Between Declension and Nostalgia: Bringing a Comparative Historical Gaze to the Logics and Lived Experiences of the American Rust Belt,” Trajectories. Fall 2018 Newsletter of the American Sociological Association’s Comparative Historical Sociology section.
2018 McMillan Lequieu, Amanda. “Housing, Home, and the Sociology of Flammable Landscapes: Reflections on California’s Largest Wildfire.” Feature Article, Winter 2018 Newsletter of the American Sociological Association’s Section for Environmental Sociology.
2017 McMillan Lequieu, Amanda. The Thomas Fire Fans the Flames of Southern California’s Housing Crisis. Essay published on the Center for Culture, Nature, and Environment’s blog, Edge Effects.
2014 McMillan Lequieu, Amanda. Tastes of Home: Food and Familiarity. Essay published on the Center for Culture, Nature, and Environment’s blog, Edge Effects.
Public Sociology projects
2017 McMillan Lequieu, Amanda. Love for Home in a Place Industry Left Behind. Radio podcast originally broadcast on WJMS AM Hurley, Wisconsin; rebroadcast on the Center for Culture, Nature, and Environment’s blog, Edge Effects.